|Öffnung - Standard|
The standard opening,
IfcOpeningStandardCase, defines an opening with certain
constraints for the dimension parameters, position within the
voided element, and with certain constraints for the geometric
representation. The IfcOpeningStandardCase handles all
cases of openings, that:
- are true openings by cutting through the body of the voided
element, that is, where the opening depth is greather than or equal to the thickness
of the element,
- are extruded perpendicular to the wall plane in case of
openings in a wall
- are extruded perpendicular to the slab plane in case of
openings in a slab
- have a local placement relative to the local placement of the
- have a 'Body' shape representation with 'SweptSolid'
- have only a single extrusion body within the 'Body' shape
HISTORY New entity in IFC4
Common Use Definitions
The following concepts are inherited at supertypes:
- IfcRoot: Identity, Revision Control
- IfcElement: Box Geometry, FootPrint Geometry, Body SurfaceOrSolidModel Geometry, Body SurfaceModel Geometry, Body Tessellation Geometry, Body Brep Geometry, Body AdvancedBrep Geometry, Body CSG Geometry, Mapped Geometry
- IfcFeatureElement: Spatial Containment
- IfcOpeningElement: Property Sets for Objects, Quantity Sets, Element Filling
The Product Placement concept applies to this entity as shown in Table 58.
Table 58 — IfcOpeningStandardCase Product Placement
The following constraint is mandatory for
- The PlacementRelTo relationship of
IfcLocalPlacement should point to the local placement of
the same element, which is voided by the opening, i.e. referred
to by VoidsElement.RelatingBuildingElement.
The Body Geometry concept applies to this entity as shown in Table 59.
Table 59 — IfcOpeningStandardCase Body Geometry
The geometric representation of IfcOpeningStandardCase
is defined using the following multiple shape representations for
- Body: A SweptSolid representation defining the 3D subtraction
shape of the standard opening
The body representation of IfcOpeningStandardCase is
represented using the representation type 'SweptSolid'.
Swept Solid Representation Type with Horizontal
The standard geometric representation of
IfcOpeningStandardCase is defined using the 'SweptSolid'
representation. The following attribute values for the
IfcShapeRepresentation holding this geometric
representation shall be used::
- RepresentationIdentifier : 'Body'
- RepresentationType : 'SweptSolid'
The following additional constraints apply to the swept solid
As shown in Figure 36, the orientation of the opening profile that is extruded
for the opening body shall guarantee the following interpretation
of dimension parameter for rectangular openings:
- IfcRectangleProfileDef.YDim interpreted as
- IfcRectangleProfileDef.XDim interpreted as
Figure 128 — Opening standard representation
XSD Specification: <xs:element name="IfcOpeningStandardCase" type="ifc:IfcOpeningStandardCase" substitutionGroup="ifc:IfcOpeningElement" nillable="true"/>
Link to this page