||extended coordination view
||24. Feb 2006
||ISG meeting in Berlin
|summary||independent profile geometry for doors and windows|
The support of a special profile shape for doors and windows is required, the agreements are applicable for each IfcDoor and IfcWindow with a shape that is independent of (or not matching) the shape of the opening.
The following conventions are agreed:
- one IfcShapeRepresentation, with RepresentationIdentifier = "Profile" and RepresentationType = "GeometricCurveSet" is added to each instance of IfcDoor and IfcWindow
- the IfcShapeRepresentation.Items shall have a single closed curve (preferred IfcPolyline, otherwise IfcCompositeCurve)
- the curve shall be plane
- the curve should be given within the local coordiante system of the door or window (default XZ plane)
- the profile curve shall have the correct position relative to the opening
The profile given for door or window takes priority when being in conflict with the profile of the opening. I applies particularly to:
- "free standing" windows and doors, that are not associated with an opening (by IfcRelFillsElement)
- doors and windows within an opening, that is extruded vertically
- doors and windows that expands the size of the opening, e.g. as it might be the case for corner windows
The requirement to export a profile shape representation is expanded to all occurrences of IfcDoor / IfcWindow that are defined using the parametric shape representation by applying IfcDoorLiningProperties, IfcDoorPanelProperties, IfcWindowLiningProperties, or IfcWindowPanelProperties.
- a profile shape representation has to be exported independently of the opening geometry
- a profile shape representation may only be omited, if the IfcDoor / IfcWindow geometry is provided by a b-rep geometry only.
NOTE Even in case of b-rep geometry the local object coordinate system has be be positioned correctly to apply the opening symbol according to the OperationType.