||Coordination view version 2.0
||official buildingSMART certification 2.0 program
|summary||agreement to restrict which independent elements can be contained in a building spatial structure
The following entity instances shall not be used as an independent element that is assigned to the spatial structure :
- IfcBuildingElementPart : it shall only be used as a part of an aggregate
- IfcRampFlight : it shall only be used as a part of an aggregate being of type IfcRamp
- IfcStairFlight : it shall only be used as a part of an aggregate being of type IfcStair
- IfcDistributionPort: it shall only be used as a port assigned to a distribution element
The following definitions apply:
- "assigned to spatial structure" : the element has an inverse relation ContainedInStructure to a subtype of IfcSpatialStructureElement via IfcRelContainedInSpatialStructure;
- "part of an aggregate" : the element has an inverse relation Decomposes to another element via IfcRelAggregates;
- "used as a port" : the IfcPort (or subtype) has an inverse relationship ContainedIn to an element via IfcRelConnectsPortToElement.
In addition, no subtype of IfcFeatureElement (such as IfcOpeningElement) shall be assigned to a spatial structure.