|effects||IFC2x3 coordination view 2.0|
|initiator||official buildingSMART certification 2.0 program|
|summary||Agreement on Color Priorities in the Coordination View|
To clarify the assignment priority of color to shape representations (refer to #CV-2x3-131) by the following sequence:
- by one explicit color per solid;
- For Boolean results, by color assigned to Boolean result;
- If no color is assigned to the Boolean result, then the color from the 1st operand used;
- The IfcMappedItem shall NOT have a color assignment;
- if no color per solid is provided it must be from the assigned material color;
- if no material color than the color is defined by the assigned CAD Layer.
It is the responsibility of the importing application to display the correct color for shared geometries on different layers or with different material representations.