|effects||IFC2x3 coordination view 2.0|
|initiator||official buildingSMART certification 2.0 program|
|summary||Agreement to clarify the export of a Building Storey and its local placement|
There are two ways in IFC to express the storey elevation:
- by IfcBuildingStorey.Elevation
- by the z-Value of the IfcLocalPlacement of IfcBuildingStorey
It is hereby agreed, that:
- The value of IfcBuildingStorey.Elevation should be the same as the Z value of the local placement of the IfcBuildingStorey, so they are redundant (or it should be omitted).
- The Z value of the local placement of the IfcBuildingStorey is the preferred method of locating the building storey and its associated elements
- The value of the IfcBuildingStorey.Elevation shall not be used within geometric positioning.