Terms and Conditions of Use
The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.. The term 'buildingSMART', or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is:
buildingSMART International Ltd. at 17 Park Street, Camberley, Surrey GU15 3PQ, UK.
buildingSMART International Ltd. is a none-for-profit organization and is registered in England and Wales No 5024694
buildingSMART may modify all or any part of these 'Terms and Conditions of Use' from time to time without notice to you. Your continued use of this website after changes to the 'Terms and Conditions of Use' have been published constitutes your binding acceptance of the updated 'Terms and Conditions of Use'. If at any time the 'Terms and Conditions of Use' are no longer acceptable to you, you should immediately cease all use of this website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Registration and User Accounts
In order to access certain services provided by this website, you may be required to register and obtain an account with this website. You should:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information when registering, and
- update your Registration Data as necessary.
You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the website registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for all activities that occur through your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. buildingSMART will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to provide accurate information or to keep your password secure. Please use a unique combination of numbers and letters (upper and lower case) for passwords and be sure to log off from your account at the end of each session.
We value your privacy and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. We will not distribute your personal information (including email address) to any third party.
Chat rooms, forums, and/or news groups are available to our community. Any information that you disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in those areas.
This website and all information, products and services on it are provided on an “as is” basis, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Your use of this website is at your own risk. buildingSMART disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
buildingSMART disclaims liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary, punitive or other damages, or lost profits, that may result directly or indirectly from the use of this website and any material that is downloaded or obtained through the use of this website.
This includes, without limitation, any damage to computer systems, hardware or software, loss of data, or any other performance failures, any errors, bugs, viruses or other defects that result from, or are associated with the use of this website.
Yes, it gives most of us a headache to read all of this, but it's important so thank you for your patience and now, enjoy the site!