FM Handover Aquarium
The buildingSMART Facility Management (FM) aquarium aims at improving the life-cycle building information interoperability using commercially available releases of Building Information Modeling (BIM) planning, design, construction, and commissioning software and the Computer Aided Facility Management (CAFM) and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) applications used in facilities management for the operation phase. The main goal of the project is to prove that the use of open standards is an enabler for the intended process integration.
The scope of work is defined as (see figure below):
- Handover from planning and design applications to CAFM and CMMS applications
- Handover from construction and commissioning software to CAFM and CMMS applications
The FM Aquarium work is based on the results of previous projects by buildingSMART or affiliated and supportive organizations:
- The Construction-Operations Building information exchange (COBie) work led by the US Army Corp of Engineers
- The FM-10 buildingSMART IFC extension project led by buildingSMART German speaking chapter
- The ZukunftBAU IFC/FM research projects funded by the Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Urbain Affairs.
The following sections define the content (requirements, test cases, specific information details and an extensive questions and answers collection) of the FM Handover aquarium:
- Exchange requirements, model view definitions, and software requirements for the Basic FM Handover
- Reference files and test cases to develop and test the Basic FM Handover
- Criteria for quality assessment and verification for the Basic FM Handover
- Specific additional explanations and exchange requirements for COBie2
- Questions and Answers
For general information and call for participation for the buildingSMART Handover Aquarium, read the Overview Description.